portrait photography - portraits of women - beauty retouching In this paper I discuss
skin and beauty retouching in
portrait photography. The skin you can work with many different
Photoshop tools. I always edit the skin in 2 steps.
In step 1, remove I have the rough skin of impurities and in step 2 is the fine tuning that makes the skin appear softer. Below I will discuss the tools usually used by me and describe their use.
Before I begin with the retouching, I first create a copy of the current image. This way I can quickly switch between the original and the edited version change. The copy I create "Create New Layer on the bottom right. One can this simply drag the image to the icon. Create
|
| New Layer |
first Step 1 - Clean the skin In this step, I am dealing with the removal of skin blemishes, spots and shiny skin. Moles and scars I usually retouch away not because they are distinguishing characteristics of the person and make their own charm can. Ultimately, however, it is a matter of taste.
The actual tools I use are in Photoshop on the left.
1.1 Patch tool The Patch tool can determine a user-defined selection area and copy it to another location. The tool takes into account the original pixels and attempts to integrate seamlessly copied source pixels. Generally you should select source pixels, the original pixel color are similar and present the same texture. Thus, the retouched area falls to less later.
|
| Patch tool |
I use the Patch tool like to remove blemishes. On the lower screen shots of the individual steps are shown.
|
| Patch tool - Step 1 |
|
| Patch tool - Step 2 |
|
| Patch Tool - Step 3 |
|
| Patch tool - Step 4 |
2.1 Healing Brush tool Another handy tool for removing skin blemishes, the Healing Brush. It works much like the Clone Stamp tool, which I will explain later. Unlike the Clone Stamp texture, lighting, shading, and alignment of the korrigiernden areas and source pixels to be considered.
|
| Healing Brush tool |
with the right mouse button you can open the context menu of the brush and settings. Most relevant here is the hardness of the brush. For surfaces with no clear edges (like skin), the brush should be set quite soft. In this way one obtains a smooth transition up between the original / retouched areas.
|
| Healing Brush tool - Settings |
determined by holding down the Alt key is the output range (puck), of which included the source pixel should be. Then you lässst release the Alt key and starts to paint over the blemishes by clicking on the appropriate location.
1.3 Clone Stamp tool The Clone Stamp can copy source pixel 1:1 and move to another location. In addition, the clone stamp various modes by which you can change the display of the copied pixels. In this example, I use the clone stamp to correct shiny skin.
|
| Clone Stamp tool |
submode choose Darken and Opacity the transparency of the die determines about 20%. Using the right mouse button to open it, like the Healing Brush from the context menu, for example, to determine the hardness.
|
| Clone Stamp tool - Settings |
By holding down the Alt key take on source pixels from a darker place the forehead. Then you lässst release the Alt key and starts the "stamp of" the shining face section by moving the mouse over the appropriate places. This process is repeated until the desired result was achieved up.
|
| Clone Stamp tool - Darken |
The best is to experiment with the above mentioned tools around to achieve the desired results. The figure below shows the comparison between the original and the retouched version. There are blemishes, pimples and removes shiny patches.
|
| vs original. Beauty Retouching - Step 1 |
second Step 2 - make skin soft First I create again a copy of the Create New Layer. Then I go to Filter in the top menu and choose among "Blur filter" the "Gaussian Blur ..." from.
|
| Gaussian Blur |
About radius determines how much you want the image to be blurred. In this example I choose a higher value.
|
| Gaussian Blur - Settings |
Then I create a layer mask on "Add layer mask".
|
| Add Layer Mask |
About the "Paint Bucket" on the left side under Tools, you do your white layer mask black to make the original retouched visible. Then you select the Tools normal "brush tool" with the color white. If you paint on the black layer mask with white, the blurred image to be visible. In this way one can represent a targeted only the skin soft and highly detailed features such as hair, eyes can focus. The last step is determined by the opacity of the levels, how much effect the blur effect.
The following screenshots document once all the above steps.
|
| Blur - Step 1 | |
|
| Blur - Step 2 |
|
| Blur - Step 3 |
|
| Blur - Step 4 |
The result and the comparison between the original and the version with beauty retouching you see in the image below.
|
| vs original. Beauty Retouching - Step 2 |
Finally, I've listed a few websites that also deal with the issue of
skin retouching :
0 comments:
Post a Comment