Wave? - Part 1: A first impression and the expectations
Google Wave is "E-Mail 2.0" ... a long overdue revision of a standard that has applied since the beginning of the Internet - and desperately needed an overhaul ...
Here is a 2-minute video of someone who wanted to be like to be invited to the beta test:
[Note to reader feedback on the planet: The videos are of course in original post embedded - in the planet feed unfortunately not: (]
This is the picture which I've tried Google Wave Curious, because Google has in relation to technical innovation. recent years repeatedly set high standards and equal to the following several revolutions of everyday life quietly built
emerged some time after previous media reports of 2009, this presentation video to.
beaten 80 minutes ( !) wave is presented is an alpha-testers team on a stage. - And indeed interesting news will be presented in it. We see already written by others while typing (optional). One of the most central elements seems to be a timeline of the process of communication to be, so you can pursue after the event when who said what.
I do not remember exactly how long I've watched this video ... But I stopped after a time. - Without losing the curiosity - but stopped because my information needs were met first. - It was enough, however, in order to apply a list of beta testers ...
some point they had since then - an invitation from Google - and Wave comes with a series of video tutorials. One of them I'll post here because it directly makes reference to the 80-minute colossus above - and of course the most important thing reduced to 8 minutes :
A tutorial-Wave is entitled "When to Use Google \\ / \\ / ave "- and called applications when Google would make sense Wave:
* Organization of events
* meeting notes
* Project work *
sharing photos
... and these areas are also in the 8-minute video briefly touched.
far So - so good!
My first reaction was still some disappointment ! - The last form of communication which I had seen intense, Twitter and Identi.ca had been. - Also very simple applications.
Google Wave is all ... except one thing: very simple!
And this is first of all not to wave to Google!
can certainly start one immediately. Tap invite, chat, ... - But in this, Google is not a particular innovation Wave! There already exist a myriad of social networks ... A mirror-online article written about this first impression in this way: And again, there is another side where you have to look for commands on whether a person has written.
Well. If we at least my Gmail account in this wave-thingy would be available ... then I could at the same time checking for mail and Waves! ... but should not be too difficult ... with the same provider? The
is not so.
As far as the first impression. - What will I discover, on closer study of the new medium, but as interesting, I can save for a further report on ...
Until then!
0 comments:
Post a Comment